Wednesday, March 09, 2005

North Carolina AECT Conference

I had the opportunity to present at this year's NCAECT conference and I had no idea how much I would enjoy it! Not just the presenting aspect, but the conference itself. I learned so much and have some new favorite people in the Educational Technology World. Kathy Shrock is such an innovative user of technology. She has some of the most logical creative ideas I have ever seen in integrating technology. I think I want to be her when I grow up :)

I happened to also attend a workshop with David Warlick. I am continuially amazed by his ability to not only lead a workshop, but a discussion. He truly has the gift to make everyone feel like they are the most important person in the room, while at the same time having some pretty thought provoking ideas. He had a very free-flowing session on Plagarism and some ways to combat it in our system and how we as teacher's really have to focus on ourselves being proper models.

You know that it is a great conference when you are still brimming with ideas a week later!

No comments: